Additional certifications and qualifications always leave a positive impact on your resume. Especially if you are in a competitive field such as IT, you need to stand out. Also, having a certification in your field will give you better job opportunities. Moreover, your chances of being shortlisted for the job role will increase. Project managers are in high demand therefore project management certifications can be a wise decision to hike your career. Now, before choosing a certificate course take a look at the top project management certifications.
There are many project management certification programs available online but you need to pick the one that is suitable for your career. Firstly, let us know the importance and benefits of project management certificate. Then we will further explore what are the best project management courses.
Advantages Of Project Management Certification
Currently, the role of a project manager is highly regarded in a company. The organization looks for people who are excellent at planning and executing things. However, having certification in the project management domain empowers your skills and validates your knowledge. Moreover, the additional benefits of doing certification in project management are:
- Helps In Effective Project Management Throughout The Process: Now, if you take up a recognized project management certification, it will help you in learning startegies for smooth work flow.
- Improves Leadership Skills: Also, a project manager must have excellent leadership qulaities to initiate and lead the project. For timely delivery of a project leadership skills play an important role.
- Risk Management And Project Changes: Risk management and resource analysis are the two areas a poject manager must master. So, the certifications will help in learning these strategies well.
- Enhances Communication Skills: A project manager’s major role is to communicate in the team and convey the work profile to team members. If you lack in comminication skills then the project managemnt certifcation training will help you improve.
Best Project Management Certification Programs
Do you seek ineyret in the project management field? Are you looking for best certifications to become a great project manager? The detailed description below will help you in finding out which project management course you should take.
1. PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification
Behind every successful IT project, there is a well-skilled and experienced project manager. Moreover, a project manager with PMP (Project Management Professional) certification will lead the projects with perfection. Hence, the PMP course is a highly demanded program in the IT field. Well, this course tests the three most important constraints of any project: time, cost, and scope. PMI (Project Management Institute) conducts PMP course worldwide. But, for PMP certification you can choose an authorized training partner and be PMP certified anytime.
- Four year secondary degree along with three years of experince in project management.
- 4500 hours of expeince in leading and directing projects.
- 35 hours education of project management
- A high school diploma
- Five years of experince in project management
- 7500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
2. PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) Certification
If you are looking for a project management certification that is well known in the US then choose PRINCE2 Certification. PRINCE2 stands for PRojects IN Controlled Environments. There are two levels of this certification namely the Foundation and Practitioner course. However, if you are an entry-level professional then you can start with a Foundation course. And move towards the advanced level Practitioner course of PRINCE2.
- No eligibility or pre requisite for PRINCE2 Foundation course
- But for PRINCE2 Practitioner course you need to firsy complete any one of the following- PRINCE2 Foundation, PMP (Project Management Professional), CAPM or an IPMA certification.
3. CAPM (Certified Associate In Project Management) Certification
If you have no experience working as a project manager nor do you hold a PMP certification. The,n you can choose an entry-level project management course CAPM and enroll in it. In addition, the PMI conducts CAPM ( Certified Associate Project Management) certification. For professionals who do not have a college degree can kickstart their project management career with CAPM certification.
- High school diploma
- Associate degree or equivalent with minimum 1500 hours of project management experince. Or, project management education of 23 hours.
4. CSM (Certified ScrumMaster) Certification
Certified Scrum Master certification is for professionals who want to apply the scrum methodologies in their projects. Many IT organizations hire professionals who know scrum metghdlogy. So, the importance of CSM certification has increased drastically. Hence, a person with CSM certification will help the team with the delivery of products. Also, they will work together to achieve better team coordination.
There is no such eligibility required to take CSM certification. Freshers as well professionals both can take up the CSM course. Moreover we can quote that people who want a career in project management should opt for it. Also, the professional who want a deeper understanding of Scrum can also choose this acclaimed certification.
5. ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) Certification
Agile is a commonly used and the most finest project management methodology. Many professionals prefer this approach to deliver the projects. But, the highlight of this approach is it divides the entire project into sprints. Instead of delivering the entire project at the end, the delivery is done in small parts. Furthermore, the approach ensures the quality of the work done, following the instructions with utmost precison. The PMI (Project Management Institute) conducts ACP and formally recognizes your skills as a project manager.
- Secondary degree
- 21 hours of tarining in agile practices
- 8 months of agile project experince gained within the last three years
- 12 months of general project experience within the last 5 years. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP