CDCP Training & Certification Course
ZOC’s Certified Data Center Professional (hereby referred to as CDCP) course enlightens IT professionals about the key components of a data center. The course navigates through vital aspects of a data center, including power, cabling, cooling and, most importantly, security.
About CDCP Training Course
Maintaining and operating an efficient data center is imperative in a world where businesses constantly rely on IT for enterprise-critical services. As IT professionals, an intensive course on data center management and security can help you enable enterprises to run high-availability data centers and meet their security demands. Make your CDCP training invaluable with ZOC!
Accredited by :
There are no specific prerequisites for a CDCP course.
- 1-2 years of experience in a data center or a facilities environment is ideal.
- Those with prior experience are also eligible for CDCP.
Agile & Scrum
CDCP Course Curriculum
Duration - 2 Days
The 2-day CDCP course is packed with learning about a data center, its importance and a deep dive into the best practices. The course covers various infrastructures involved in the creation of a data center, including power, water, security and electromagnetic field, among others. The course brushes up the overall knowledge required to work with a mission-critical data center.
- Selecting appropriate sites and buildings and how to avoid pitfalls
- Various components of an effective data center and supporting facilities setup
- Uniform, concentrated and rolling load definitions
- Applicable standards
- Raised floor guidelines
- Signal Reference Grid, grounding of racks
- Disability act and regulations
- Suspended ceiling usage and requirement
- Light fixture types and placement
- Emergency lighting, Emergency Power Supply (EPS)
- Power infrastructure layout from generation to rack level
- ATS and STS systems
- Redundancy levels and techniques
- Three-phase and single-phase usage
- Power distribution options within the computer room
- Power cabling versus bus bar trunking
- Bonding versus grounding
- Common Mode Noise and isolation transformers
- Distribution boards, form factors and IP-protection grades
- Power quality guidelines
- Real power versus apparent power
- How to size and calculate load in the data center
- Static and dynamic UPS systems, selection criteria, how they operate and energy efficiency option
- Battery types, correct selection and testing
- Renewable Energy Factor (REF)
- Electrical fields and magnetic fields definitions and units of measurements
- Sources of EMF
- Effects of EMF on human health and equipment
- EMF shielding solutions
- Rack standards, properties and selection criteria
- Security considerations
- Power rail/strip options
- Temperature and humidity recommendations
- Cooling measurement units and conversion rates
- Sensible and latent heat definitions
- Differences between comfort and precision cooling
- Overview of different air conditioner technologies
- Raised floor versus non-raised floor cooling
- Placement of air conditioner units and limitations to be observed
- Supplemental cooling options
- Cold aisle/hot aisle containment
- Liquid immersion cooling
- Cooling concepts: Seasonal Thermal Energy Storage (STER)
- Importance of water supply and application areas
- Backup water supply techniques
- The importance of a Structured Cabling System
- Planning considerations
- Copper and Fiber cable technology and standards
- ANSI/TIA-942 Cabling hierarchy and recommendations
- Testing and verification
- Network redundancy
- Building-to-building connectivity
- Network monitoring system requirements
- Standards for fire suppression
- Detection systems
- Various total flooding fire suppression techniques and systems, their benefits and disadvantages
- Handheld extinguishers
- Signage and safety
- Regulatory requirements and best practices
- Physical security considerations
- Physical safety considerations
- Data centre monitoring requirements
- EMS, BMS and DCIM
- Water leak detection systems
- Alarm notification
Skills You Learn
Our Training Modalities
Online Live Classes
Live, online classes conducted by instructors and specialists with the opportunity to tap into their practical experiences.
Hands-on international standard-led classroom training for maximum engagement and participation.
Why Choose ZOC?
Best Accredited Trainer
Free Career Mentoring
Internationally Recognised Certifications
We are a well-known Accredited Training & Certification Organization, offering more than 75 globally recognized professional certifications.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
No Hidden Charges
Who can join?
Gratifying Reviews From ZOC Learners
CDCP Training FAQs
Taking ZOC’s CDCP course is a vital addition to your skill set with a comprehensive insight into data center design, building, and optimization. The course empowers professionals to discuss the data center with their coworkers, vendors, clients, or superiors with assurance.
The CDCP certification reduces common difficulties in data centers, such as time lost in endless discussions over design errors that resulted in overspending, inefficient design causing operational troubles, and downtime brought on by human error.
Yes, ZOC’s CDCP training and certification is a globally accredited course by the independent exam and certification institute – EXIN.
CDCP exam is an hour-long multiple-choice question test comprising 40 marks. You need to score at least 27 to pass the examination. It is an online proctored test.
The candidate must wait at least 14 calendar days from the date of their attempt before retaking the exam for the third time or any more times if they do not pass the exam on their second try. The exam, however, may be taken as many times as necessary.
You can contact the ZOC Tech team for the best price and discount offers.