If you are already a Scrum professional wanting to do more with your Scrum capabilities or a newbie who wants to transition to Scrum, PSM is the gold standard certification from Scrum.org, one of the top Scrum certifying bodies founded by one of the inventors of Scrum, Ken Schwaber himself. Break your professional shell with a more challenging one-time assessment and enjoy a lifetime certification with PSM that gets you to the heart of Scrum and Agile. With PSM, you will be able to take on more challenging servant leadership roles effortlessly that will push you towards leadership positions in a blink of an eye. This course imbibes a deeper study of Scrum and Agile which will enable you to lead your team in the right direction.
- 14 hours spread over 2 days of classroom based training or online training by Professional Scrum Trainers (PST’s).
- Includes experience based training through simulations and mock tests.
Who should attend?
The PSM course is perfect for Project / Product Managers, Leaders and members of Scrum teams, Software Developers, all professionals responsible for successful project completion using Scrum, and organizations desiring to transition to Scrum.
The course includes an in-depth study of the following PSM domains:
- Scrum theory, principles and Scrum Framework;
- People and Team Development;
- Product Management and Delivery;
- Roles and responsibilities of a Scrum Master;
- Understanding Agile methodology.
Prerequisites for the course and eligibility for the test
- There are no eligibility requirements for taking the PSM course and its certification test.
- However, it is advisable that a candidate has some work experience in Scrum before taking the course. If the candidate is new to Scrum, s/he is prescribed to acquaint him/herself with Scrum by reading and viewing relevant literature, articles, blogs and audio/video content online. A candidate may want to begin by going through the Scrum Guide available on the following link: https://www.scrum.org/resources/scrum-guide
- A candidate may also take an Open Assessment on the Scrum.org website to check his / her level of knowledge about Scrum.
The Professional Scrum Master certification is granted by Scrum.org (The Home of Scrum) founded by one of the co-founders of Scrum, Ken Schwaber himself. Along with the certificate, you will also receive a PSM logo for your use to showcase your certification. In addition, the successful candidates’ names are added to the public list of certified professionals of Scrum.org.
- The assessment test is sat online at a place of candidate’s convenience. This test is not proctored.
- The exam duration is 1 hour (60 minutes).
- There shall be 80 multiple choice, multiple answer questions out of which 68 questions must be answered correctly in order to pass. 85% is the pass percentage.
- The result is declared immediately upon completion of the test with a summarized evaluation of a candidate’s performance. A soft copy of the certificate may be downloaded immediately after the exam ends.
Q. For how long is the certification valid?
A. The certification is valid for lifetime.
Q. Can I prepare for and sit the test by self-study without attending a training course?
A. Yes, you can. But, owing to the difficulty level of the assessment by Scrum.org, it is advisable that you pursue a reliable and comprehensive training. Our course exhaustively comprises all the necessary resources that you will need to pass the assessment test in the very first attempt.
Q. Is the course fee inclusive of the assessment fee and cost of study material?
A. Yes, the course fee is inclusive of the PSM-I assessment fee of US$150, cost of study material and a training kit.
Q. Does the course help in acquiring PDU’s or SEU’s?
A. Yes, attending this course will earn you 14 PDU’s and 14 SEU’s which will contribute towards the CCR for maintaining your certifications from PMI and Scrum Alliance.
Q. How many attempts are allowed to pass the assessment test?
A. There is no limit on the number of attempts nor is there any waiting period requirement in between attempts.
Q. How do I apply for the assessment test?
- Upon completion of the course, your trainer creates your Scrum.org account and then Scrum.org sends you a password via email. This password is used to access your assessment test.
- The password does not have an expiration date. Hence, the test can be taken anytime.
- One password entails only one attempt. If you fail the attempt, you shall have to buy another password under the “Certification” section on Scrum.org website.
- If you attempt the test within 14 days of receiving the password, but fail the test, you will be able to take the second attempt at no extra cost.
Q.Is it possible to retake the test if I want to improve my score?
A. Yes, you may keep attempting until a 100% score is achieved.
Q. How many levels of PSM certification are there? Are all of them necessary?
A. There are 3 levels of PSM. Having all of them is not necessary to be identified as a Professional Scrum Master. But, advancing onto higher levels will definitely improve your knowledge base and job credibility. Those who acquire the PSM I certification become eligible for a 40% discount on the assessment fee of PSM II and those with a PSM II certification are eligible for a 40% discount on the assessment fee of PSM III.