Prince2 is the most widely-used project management approach in the world today, especially in the UK, Europe and Australia. It is a generic Project Management methodology which can be tailored to fit into any kind of project, big or small and in any kind of organization, irrespective of its size. Coupled with a rich experience in handling projects, the Prince2 certification will take you leaps ahead in your career path of project management.
- 32 hours spread over 4 days days of classroom based lectures with e-Learning facility.
- Course includes simulations, scenarios and exam preparation through quizzes and mock tests.
Who should attend?
The Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner course is ideal for Project / Product Managers, Team Leads, Project Board Members, Software Developers, Business Analysts and professionals, teams and organizations wanting to get into the Prince2 method of Project Management.
The course includes an in-depth study of the 7 themes and 7 processes of Prince2:
- Overview, Principles and Tailoring PRINCE2 to the Project Environment;
- Business Case Theme;
- Organisation Theme;
- Quality Theme;
- Plans Theme;
- Risk Theme;
- Change Theme;
- Progress Theme;
- Starting up a Project Process;
- Directing a Project Process;
- Initiating a Project Process;
- Controlling a Stage Process;
- Managing Product Delivery Process;
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process;
- Closing a Project Process.
Pre-requisites for the course and eligibility for exam:
- There are no eligibility requirements for taking the Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner course. However, it is advisable that the candidate has some previous experience or knowledge of Project Management.
- There are also no eligibility criteria to sit the Prince2 Foundation exam.
- In order to sit the Prince2 Practitioner exam, the candidate must have any one of the following:
- Prince2 Foundation Certificate,
- IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director),
- IPMA Level B (Certified Senior Projects Manager),
- IPMA Level C (Certified Project Manager), or
- IPMA Level D (Certified Project Management Associate).
The Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner certifications and digital badges are awarded by Axelos, UK. Prince2 was in fact developed by Axelos to propound best practices of Project Management in the world. Both Axelos and Prince2 are world acclaimed for their excellence.
- Online proctored exam through Peoplecert, giving you the liberty to choose a time and place of your convenience to sit the exam.
- The Prince2 Foundation exam is a closed book exam of 1 hour (60 minutes) comprising 60 multiple choice questions out of which 33 questions must be answered correctly in order to pass. The passing percentage is 55%.
- The Prince2 Practitioner exam is an open book exam of 2 and a half hours (150 minutes) comprising 68 multiple choice questions out of which 38 questions must be answered correctly in order to pass. The passing percentage is approximately 55%. For this exam, candidates are allowed to use only the official hard copy of Managing Successful Projects with Prince2 2017 Edition.
- It takes about 5 days for the results to be declared on the Peoplecert website. The certificate may then be downloaded from the candidate’s Peoplecert profile.
Q. For how long is the certification valid?
A. The Prince2 Foundation certification is valid for lifetime, whereas the Prince2 Practitioner certification is valid for 3 years.
Q. How do I renew / maintain the Prince2 Practitioner certification?
A. To maintain your Prince2 Practitioner certification, you need to re-sit the exam before expiry of the validity period. In the alternative, you may earn and report 20 CPD points every year after subscribing to Axelos’ My Prince2 membership. At the end of 3 years, you will have achieved 60 CPD points and will be eligible to apply for a renewal.
Q. What are CPD points and how to earn them?
A. CPD stands for Continuous Professional Development. These are earned by undertaking continuous professional development activities like gaining more work experience, undergoing more training, self-study and involving in and contributing to the Prince2 professional community at large. CPD points can be reported only upon subscription to My Price2.
Q. What is the cost of My Prince2 membership?
A. My Prince2 membership cost £50 + VAT per year for the first two years. From the third year onwards it will cost you £20 + VAT per year.
Q. Will the course hours contribute towards my PDU’s?
A. Yes, you will receive 32 PDU’s after finishing the course which you may use to maintain your certifications from PMI.
Q. Can I prepare for and sit the exam by self-study without attending any course?
A. Yes, you may. However, owing to the difficulty level of the exams, it is advisable that you pursue formal training before sitting the exams.
Q. Is the course fee inclusive of exam fee and cost of study material?
A. Yes, the course fee is inclusive of exam fees for both Prince2 Foundation Prince2 Practitioner exams and the cost of study material and training kit.
Q. How do I book an exam?
A. Your trainer books the exam for you upon completion of the course. Typically, the Prince2 Foundation exam is held on the 2nd day of the course and the Prince2 Practitioner exam is held on the last day of the course.
- You will then receive an email from Peoplecert with instructions to create a profile and register for the exam on its website within a certain time frame.
- Once registered, your trainer will be able to retrieve a 3 digit unique registration number which must be used by you to sit the exam.
- This 3 digit registration number is to be entered by you in the answer sheet.
Q. Can I retake the exam if I fail?
A. Yes, you may retake the exam. There is no limit to the number of attempts allowed to sit and pass an exam.