Prince2 Agile is a blend of the Prince2 method with the Agile method of project delivery, combining the usage of Prince2 ways of Project Management with projects that work in a dynamic and iterative Agile environment. Being a generic Project Management methodology, it can be applied to any kind of project, big or small, using the Agile approach, and in any kind of organization irrespective of its size. A deep knowledge of Agile techniques like Scrum, Kanban, Lean Startup and Cynefin coupled with the knowledge of Prince2 governance practices, you will have the power to upscale your position in the organizational hierarchy and be seen as a unique and valuable prospect to employers as well.
- 32 hours spread over 4 days of classroom based lectures with e-Learning facility.
- Course includes simulations, scenarios and exam preparation through quizzes and mock tests.
Who should attend?
The Prince2 Agile Foundation & Practitioner course is ideal for Project / Product Managers, Team Leads, Project Board Members, Software Developers, Business Analysts and professionals, teams and organizations wanting to upgrade to the Prince2 governance method in an Agile environment.
The course will give you a thorough understanding of the following:
- Prince2 themes and processes;
- Introduction to Agile framework;
- Basic concepts of common Agile methods;
- Combining Prince2 and Agile;
- Apply and evaluate focus areas of a project in an Agile environment;
- Fix and flex 6 aspects of project in an Agile environment;
- Tailor and apply Prince2 principles, themes and processes to projects in an Agile environment.
Pre-requisites for the course and eligibility for exam
- There are no eligibility requirements for taking the Prince2 Agile Foundation and Practitioner course.
- There are no eligibility criteria to sit the Prince2 Agile Foundation exam.
- In order to sit the Prince2 Agile Practitioner exam, the candidate must have any of the following certifications:
- Prince2 Foundation or Practitioner,
- Prince2 Agile Foundation Certificate,
- CAPM, or
- IPMA Levels A, B, C & D.
The Prince2 Agile Foundation and Practitioner certifications and digital badges are awarded by Axelos, UK. Prince2 Agile was in fact developed by Axelos to propound best practices for managing projects in the Agile ways of working. Today, Prince2 Agile is one of the most widely used Project Management practices in the world.
- Online proctored exam is sat through PeopleCert, giving you the liberty to choose a time and place of your convenience to sit the exam.
- The Prince2 Agile Foundation exam is a closed book exam of 1 hour (60 minutes) comprising 50 multiple choice questions. The passing percentage is 55%.
- The Prince2 Agile Practitioner exam is an open book exam of 2 and a half hours (150 minutes) comprising 50 multiple choice questions out of which 30 questions must be answered correctly in order to pass. The passing percentage is 60%. For this exam, candidates are allowed to use only the official hard copy of Prince2 Agile Guidance.
- It takes about 5 days for the results to be declared on the PeopleCert website. The certificate may then be downloaded from the candidate’s PeopleCert profile.
Q. For how long is the certification valid?
A. The Prince2 Agile Foundation certification is valid for lifetime, whereas the Prince2 Agile Practitioner certification is valid for 3 years.
Q. How do I renew / maintain the Prince2 Agile Practitioner certification?
A. To maintain your Prince2 Agile Practitioner certification, you need to re-sit the exam before expiry of the validity period. In the alternative, you may earn and report 20 CPD points every year after subscribing to Axelos’ My Prince2 membership. At the end of 3 years, you will have achieved 60 CPD points and will be eligible to apply for a renewal.
Q. What are CPD points and how to earn them?
A. CPD stands for Continuous Professional Development. These are earned by undertaking continuous professional development activities like gaining more work experience, undergoing more training, self-study and involvement in and contributing to the Prince2 Agile professional community at large. CPD points can be reported only upon subscription to My Prince2.
Q. What is the cost of My Prince2 membership?
A. My Prince2 membership cost £50 + VAT per year for the first two years. From the third year onwards it will cost you £20 + VAT per year.
Q. Will the course hours contribute towards my PDU’s?
A. Yes, you will receive 32 PDU’s after finishing the course which you may use to maintain your certifications from PMI.
Q. Can I prepare for and sit the exams by self-study without attending any course?
A. Yes, you may. However, owing to the difficulty level of the exams, it is advisable that you pursue formal training before sitting the exams.
Q. Is the course fee inclusive of exam fee and cost of study material?
A. Yes, the course fee is inclusive of exam fees for both Prince2 Agile Foundation and Prince2 Agile Practitioner exams and the cost of study material and training kit.
Q. How do I book an exam?
A. Your trainer books the exam for you upon completion of the course. Typically, the Prince2 Agile Foundation exam is held on the 2nd day of the course and the Prince2 Agile Practitioner exam is held on the last day of the course.
- You will then receive an email from Peoplecert with instructions to create a profile and register for the exam on its website within a certain time frame.
- Once registered, your trainer will be able to retrieve a 3 digit unique registration number which must be used by you to sit the exam.
- This 3 digit registration number is to be entered by you in the answer sheet.
Q. Can I retake the exam if I fail?
A. Yes, you may retake the exam. There is no limit to the number of attempts allowed to sit and pass an exam.