The Agile Certified Practitioner Certification (ACP)from PMI is designed for professionals who are versatile and who aspire to accelerate their career growth in Agile Methodology. If you have a thorough knowledge of Agile principles of Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, DSDM, TDD, ATDD, etc., or simply are a Project Manager with Agile based project experience, PMI-ACP is the course for you. Give your high-endurance capabilities a name by taking this certification. Organizations that use Agile techniques to manage their projects are always a step ahead in successful delivery and client satisfaction. Our exhaustive PMI-ACP training course will equip you with the necessary learning with experienced training and prep you thoroughly for the certification exam.
- 21 contact hours spread over 3 days (8 hours per day) of classroom based lectures with e-Learning facility.
- Course includes exam preparation and mock tests.
Who should attend?
- Project Managers/Associate Project Managers,
- Project Sponsors,
- Project Planners,
- Developers and Programmers,
- Designers and Testers,
- Product Owners,
- Team Leaders/Team Managers,
- Project Controllers,
- Scrum Masters,
- Scrum team members,
- Quality Assurance Staff.
The course includes an in-depth study of:
- Introduction to PMI-ACP;
- Agile Methodologies, Principles and Processes:
- Value Based Prioritization& Delivery;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Team Performance and Leadership;
- Planning, Monitoring & Adapting;
- Problem Detection and Solving; and
- Continuous Product, Process& People Improvement;
Pre-requisites for the course and eligibility for exam:
- A secondary degree, i.e., a high school diploma or an associate’s degree or a global equivalent,
- Minimum 16months (2,000 hours) of non-overlapping experience in working on general project teams within the past 5 years,
- Minimum 12 months (1500 hours) of non-overlapping experience in working on Agile based projects within the past 3 years. This experience should be in addition to the general project experience, and
- 21 contact hours of training in Agile practices.
*If candidate holds a PMP certification, PMI verifies that s/he has fulfilled the general project experience criterion. Therefore, PMP certificate holders shall be exempt from the general project experience requirement.
**This rule applies only to general project experience. The candidate will still have to fulfill the criterion of Agile based project experience.
The Agile Certified Professional exam is conducted by Project Management Institute – USA (PMI). The certifications are also given by the PMI.
- The exam issat online at a CBT testing center orthrough an online proctor at a place of the candidate’s convenience (home or office).
- A paper based exam may be applied for under limited circumstances.
- The exam duration is of 3 hours (180 minutes) with no additional reading time.
- There shall be 120 multiple choice questions out of which 20 questions are pretest questions.
- The 20 pretest questions are not used to score you in the exam.
- A printed copy of the result is received after completion of the exam with details of the candidate’s performance in each domain, irrespective of his/her passing or failing the exam.
- Certificates are usually received within6 to 8 weeks after passing the exam. A candidate may download a soft copy of the certificate from PMI website within 24 hours of passing the exam.
- The minimum passing percentage is not disclosed by PMI.
Q. Where is the ACP Certification exam conducted?
A. The exams are conducted at the PMI approved Pearson VUE Testing Centers worldwide. In India, these testing centers are at Mumbai, Pune, Surat, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Hyderabad. In the alternative, a candidate may also sit the exam through online proctoring at a place of his/her convenience.
Q. Under what circumstances can I sit the paper-based exam?
A. PMI allows you to opt for PBT (paper based testing) strictly under the following two circumstances:
If you live outside a radius of 240 km from a Pearson VUE testing center; or
A Pearson VUE testing center is not available in your country. However, in either case, it is strongly recommended that you opt for the online proctored testing at a place of your convenience. Please do note that if at least 10 candidates do not apply for it, PMI may cancel a PBT
Q. For how long is the certification valid?
A. The certification is valid for 3 years.
Q. How do I renew / maintain my ACP certification?
A. In order to maintain the ACP Certification, you have to earn 30 PDU’s (Professional Development Units) in Agile related topicsby the end of the validity period of 3 years.
Q. What is are PDU’s and how to earn them?
A. A Project Development Unit (PDU) is a unit of measuring one’s professional development. One hour of ongoing training and development activity undertaken by a candidate earns him/her one PDU. PDU’s can be earned by continuous Agile related self-education like attending seminars, webinars, industry relevant events, online courses, or by creating content for use of other students / professionals. You may check out our Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program for avenues to earn PDU’s at our center.
Q. What happens if I do not achieve 30 PDU’s within 3 years?
A. If you do not achieve and report 30 PDU’s by the end of 3 years of your certification, your certification shall remain suspended for a period of one year from the date of expiry of the certification. Within this suspension period, you must complete the CCR (Continuing Certification Requirement) of 30 PDU’s.
Q. What happens if I do not fulfill CCR even within the suspension period?
A. If you do not fulfill the CCR even during the suspension period, your certification expires and you shall have to reapply for it.
Q. Can I prepare for and sit the exam by self-study without attending the course hours?
A. No. Although self-study is required in addition to the official training,21 contact hours of training is mandatory to sit the exam.
Q. Is the course fee inclusive of exam fee and cost of study material?
A. No, the course fee is not inclusive of the exam fee.However, the study materialand a training kit shall be provided by us.
Q. What is the exam fee?
A. The exam fee charged by PMI is US$435 for members of PMI and US$495 for non-members.
Q. Is the PMI membership necessary? What are its benefits?
A. No, the PMI membership is not necessary to acquire its certifications. However, subscribing to the membership entails many benefits like discounted prices on exam fee of all PMI accredited courses, free PMBOK Guide download, fee opportunities to earn PDU’s, access to PMI’s publications, more than a thousand tools and templates and job opportunities on the PM Job Board. The membership fee of PMI for professionals is US$129 per year plus one time application fee of US$10. For students, the membership fee is US$32 per year.
Q. How do I apply for the exam?
A. The procedure to apply for the exam is the same as that for the PMP certification exam. For details, you may refer to the PMI-Agile Certified Professional Handbook on the following link:
Q. How many number ofattempts are allowedto pass the certification exam?
A. 3 attempts are allowed to pass the exam within the eligibility period of one year.
Q. What will happen if my eligibility period expires?
A. If your eligibility period lapses, you shall have to re-apply to PMI.