Already acquired an ITIL Foundation certification and wondering what to do next? Expand your ambit with the ITIL Practitioner certification from Axelos, UK. With its 9 Guiding Principles and the CSI approach at the heart of the course curriculum, this certification will aid the adoption and adaption of the ITIL framework to any organization’s IT Service Management, irrespective of its size. As a step further in ITSM career, the ITIL Practitioner certification is perfect for those who have already studied the fundamentals of ITIL framework in the ITIL Foundation course. This certification will demonstrate an IT professional’s augmented ability to manage improvement initiatives in a well-structured approach.
- 25 hours spread over 3 days of classroom-based lectures by certified instructors with e-learning facility;
- Includes case studies and exam preparation through mock tests.
Who should attend?
This course and certification are targeted for Business and Process Owners, Project Managers, Service Managers and their team members, all kinds of IT managerial professionals, students, and all those interested in IT Service Management.
The course includes an in-depth study of the following ITIL practice areas:
- The 9 Guiding Principles of ITIL,
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Approach,
- Metrics and Measurements,
- Communication, and
- Organisational Change Management.
Prerequisites for the course and eligibility for the exam
There are no prerequisites for attending the course. But, to sit the exam, a candidate must have acquired the ITIL v3 Foundation certification or the ITIL v4 Foundation certification. In case ITIL v3 has been discontinued, the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Bridge will also be acceptable.
The ITIL Practitioner certifications and digital badges are awarded by Axelos, UK. The ITIL framework was developed by Axelos to propound best practices for managing IT service projects. Today, the ITIL framework is one of the most widely used IT Service Management practices in the world.
- Online proctored exam through PeopleCert, giving you the liberty to choose a time and place of your convenience to sit the exam.
- The exam duration is 2 hours 15 minutes (135 minutes) with 40 multiple choice questions based on a scenario. It is an open book exam and the minimum passing percentage is 70%, i.e., 28 points out of 40. Candidates are allowed to use only the official hard copy of ITIL Practitioner Guidance.
- It takes about 5 days for the results to be declared on the PeopleCert website. The certificate may then be downloaded from the candidate’s PeopleCert profile.
Q. For how long is the certification valid?
A. The certification has lifetime validity.
Q. Is it mandatory to attend a course to sit the exam?
A. No, it is not mandatory to take a course and you may sit the exam based on self-study. That being said, it is highly recommended that you take a formal course before sitting the exam.
Q. Is the course fee inclusive of exam fees and the cost of study material?
A. Yes, the course fee covers the cost of study material, training kit, and the exam fees of £405.
Q. How do I apply for the exam?
A. Your training institute will book your exam for you and provide you with an exam code. All you have to do is create an account on the PeopleCert website, login to your account, choose the ITIL Practitioner exam, and then use your exam code to schedule an exam. Please note that this exam code/voucher will remain valid only for 12 months, beyond which you shall have to repurchase the exam at full cost.
Q. How many attempts are allowed to pass the certification exam?
A. There is no limit to the attempts you can take to pass the ITIL Practitioner exam. You may add a “retake option” to your exam fees at your discretion for a minor charge that will allow you to take a second attempt within 6 months of your first attempt at no cost.
Q. Does this course and certification give me any benefit useful for other ITIL certifications?
A. Yes. Taking the course will give you 3 credit points towards the ITIL Expert certification and 15 credit points towards your ITIL digital badge. The course hours will also earn you 25 PDUs that you can use towards maintaining your certifications from PMI.