The IT Service Management Foundation certificate describes the key information and concepts for IT Service Management as well as its relationships with other areas of information management. This course builds the fundamental skills and knowledge enabling one to participate in organizational teams working within Service Management. Emphasis is on the service management system (SMS) and service management processes, specifically the core concepts and basic terminology of IT service management based on ISO/IEC 20000:2011.
The Foundation level is in line with the book “Implementing Service Quality based on ISO/IEC 20000”: A Management Guide written by Michael Kunas.
ITSM Foundation is intended for everyone playing a role or having an interest in IT service management.
Successful completion of the IT Service Management Foundation is the necessary prerequisite for continuing studies. The IT Service Management Associate, the next step, is strongly focused on the plan, do, check and act activities of Deming’s cycle across the SMS. Once the Associate is achieved, there are two options: the IT Service Management Consultant Manager or the IT Service Management Auditor.
The topics of the Foundation course include:
- Core concepts of Service Management and quality frameworks
- The Service Management System (SMS) and the value and application of the PDCA cycle
- High-level concepts around service design and transition
- Objectives, activities and quality requirements of the service management process
Download the Preparation Guide in the right section of this website for an elaborate list of exam specifications, literature and more information.
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Open book exam: no
- Use of electronic devices permitted during the exam: no