The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), the most widely adopted Lean-Agile methodology of Project Management (70% of the Fortune 100 companies), was developed in 2011 by Dean Leffingwell, the 5th iteration of SAFe being the latest update.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), the most widely adopted Lean-Agile methodology of Project Management (70% of the Fortune 100 companies), was developed in 2011 by Dean Leffingwell, the 5th iteration of SAFe being the latest update. SAFe was developed with a goal to facilitate Agile transformation at an enterprise level, requiring higher competencies as compared to transformation at a departmental level
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), the most widely adopted Lean-Agile methodology of Project Management (70% of the Fortune 100 companies), was developed in 2011 by Dean Leffingwell, the 5th iteration of SAFe being the latest update. SAFe was developed with a goal to facilitate Agile transformation at an enterprise level, requiring higher competencies as compared to transformation at a departmental level. Be it the team level, program level, large-scale solution level or portfolio level, with SAFe, you will be able to adroitly address challenges at all levels of an enterprise. Boost your professional standing with the SAFe 5 Agilist certification and become an absolute guide for the entire organization.
- 2 days (8 hours per day) of classroom based lectures from certified experts.
- Course includes exam preparation and mock tests.
Who should attend?
- Project Managers/Associate Project Managers,
- Program Managers,
- Product Owners,
- Portfolio Managers,
- Developers and Programmers,
- Team Leaders/Team Managers,
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects,
- Business Analysts,
- Quality Assurance Staff.
- Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework;
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader:
- Establishment of Team and Technical Agility;
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning;
- Releasing on demand with DevOps;
- Building business solutions and Lean systems;
- Implementation of Lean-Agile Portfolio Management;
- Leading the Lean-Agile transformation.
Pre-requisites for the course and eligibility for exam
- There are no pre-requisites for taking the course.
- However, those intending to take the Leading SAFe 5 Agile exam must have the following:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management, AND
- Some work experience in Scrum.
The SAFe 5 Agilist exams are conducted by Scaled Agile, Inc. – USA. The certifications and digital badges are also given by Scaled Agile, Inc. Scaled Agile Inc., was founded by the developer of SAFe, Dean Leffingwell himself and is the leading provider of SAFe certifications in the world.
- The exam is sat online.
- The exam duration is 1 and a half hours (90 minutes) with no additional reading time.
- There shall be 45 multiple choice questions out of which 35 questions should be answered correctly in order to pass. The pass percentage is 77%.
- The result is shown immediately after completing the exam.
- A candidate may download the certificate from the Community Platform account on the Scaled Agile website within 24 hours of passing the exam.
The certification is valid for one year.
In order to renew the SAFe 5 Agile certification, you have to pay US$ 100 every year to Scaled Agile, Inc. by logging into the Community Portal on its website.
Digital badges are logos provided by Scaled Agile for your use to showcase your certification on digital platforms like emails, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. They are provided by Scaled Agile along with your certificate in partnership with Acclaim. On passing Scaled Agile’s exam, the certified professional receives an email from Acclaim inviting him / her to activate his / her digital badge. You need to create an account on the Acclaim website and then claim your digital badge.
No. Although self-study is required in addition to the official training, attending a Leading SAFe 5 Agile course is mandatory to sit the exam.
Yes, the course fee is inclusive of the exam fee for the 1st attempt (to be taken within 30 days of course completion), the study material and a training kit.
If the period of 30 days expires, you may take a one-time courtesy extension for 2 weeks by logging into the Community Portal on Scaled Agile website. With this extension, you can sit the exam without charge. The option to apply for extension is available for a period of 30 days after the expiration of the first 30 days. If even this window period lapses, you shall have to apply for a retake of the exam which will be charged.
When you take a course, your trainer will upload a roster and enroll you to the SAFe Community Platform on the Scaled Agile website and assign you a Learning Plan. Upon completion of the course, you will receive your login credentials by email.
- Login to your Community profile,
- Click the ”My Learning” tab in the top navigation section,
- Click on “In Progress” which will show all your current learning plans,
- Click on your course title “SAFe 5”,
- Complete the Feedback Survey,
- Scroll down to the end of the page to find a blue “Launch” button.
- Once you click the “Launch” button, your exam begins.
4 attempts are allowed to pass the exam. The 2nd attempt can be taken immediately after the first attempt. For the 3rd attempt, you have to wait for 10 days and for the 4th attempt, you have to wait for 30 days from the date of last attempt. Each retake costs US$ 50. Please note that there is no maximum time limit within which you can sit for the exam after purchasing a retake. Your retake remains active for the period your membership to SAFe Community Platform remains active (which is one year after course completion).
Yes, in order to be able to give exams and keep your SAFe certifications and digital badges active, it is mandatory to have a Community Platform membership. You may hold the membership by paying an annual fee of US$ 100 even without holding any certification. The benefits that the membership entails are access to Communities of Practice (COP’s) where you can interact with other SAFe professionals, access to community events, toolkits, a constantly upgrading professional literature and media library and your digital badges.
No, you cannot retake the exam after passing unless an update to the exam has been announced.
Yes, you will receive 16 PDU’s and 16 SEU’s after completing this course, which you may use towards the renewal requirements of certifications taken from PMI and Scrum Alliance.