COBIT 5 is an IT Management and IT Governance framework created by ISACA, USA, comprising of processes that help an organization link its business goals with best IT governance practices and compliances.
COBIT 5 is an IT Management and IT Governance framework created by ISACA, USA, comprising of processes that help an organization link its business goals with best IT governance practices and compliances. It provides key processes and principles that map out the methodology for an organization to align its responsibilities with its own managerial objectives.COBIT 5 greatly compliments and integrates other frameworks like ITIL, ITSM, PMP, COSO, Prince2, ISO27001, Six Sigma, etc. It also provides a maturity model to ensure CSI (Continuous Service Improvement).It provides optimum tools for risk management and value optimization for delivery of high quality and reliable IT services to all stakeholders. It ensures stringing of all IT operations through a common language and maintaining a strong hold on internal processes enabling professionals to effectively respond to challenges.COBIT, one of the most sought after qualification in the IT industry, is currently used world over by organizations that depend heavily on information technology for their operations, irrespective of their size.
The COBIT framework is low cost, accessible, reliable, efficient, productive and integrative and highly credible. A certification in COBIT 5 will therefore set you apart in the job market. A trusted credential that will accelerate your career progress with lucrative pay scales in IT management, COBIT 5 will equip you with an unparalleled knowledge base in IT Management and Governance. This course is provided by Accredited Training Organizations (ATO’s) which are assessed and accredited by APMG-International, the official body conducting the COBIT 5 Foundation examination.
- 17 hours spread over two days of classroom based lectures.
- We also provide e-Learning facility.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for professionals like
- Business Managers,
- Chief Executives,
- IT Auditors,
- IS Auditors,
- Internal Auditors,
- Information Security and
- IT practitioners
The course includes an in-depth study of the following:
- Introduction to IT Governance, COBIT 5 and the relevant governing body, i.e., ISACA;
- The five key principles of COBIT 5;
- The seven key enablers of COBIT 5;
- Implementation of COBIT 5;
- Assessment of processes;
- Preparation for the COBIT 5 Foundation exam through online mock tests and solvingquestion bank.
Pre-requisites for the course and eligibility for exam
There is no qualification requirement for this course and / or the exam. Previous experience in an IT-service providing organization shall be sufficient.
In order to become a COBIT 5 professional, one must appear for the COBIT 5 Foundation exam. This exam is conducted by APMG-International, which is either online or paper-based at one of our public exam centers. Online exams are however the standard method for the exam.
- The exam is either online or paper- based.
- There shall be 50 multiple choice questions to be solved.
- The exam duration is 40 minutes.
- The candidate must secure a minimum of 50% to pass the examination. Hence, at least 25 answers must be correct.
- If the exam is sat online, the result is declared immediately after completion of the exam as “Pass” or “Fail”.
- Certificates are sent to the successful candidates at their correspondence addresses.