CISM to boost Security Profile
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is a globally recognized certification issued by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). Earning CISM certification gives new opportunities for career-oriented security professionals who need to demonstrate their skills as information security professionals.
Certified CISM Certification professionals will earn the salary nearly between $52,402 to $243,610. With its raising demand in global market it’s said nearly more than 27,000 IT professionals are taking the certification every year.
Achieving your CISM certification exam is intended to demonstrate the applicant’s performance in creating, designing, and managing organizations’ information security programs. The CISM certification gives you expertise skills in information security governance, risk management, program development and incident management.
To earn CISM certification the candidates need to expertise their skills in the following four domains
- Information Security Governance (24%)
- Information Risk Management (30%)
- Information Security Program Development and Management (27%)
- Information Security Incident Management (19%)
Where all these modules in various disciplines in the field of information security proves the potential skills of CISM Certified candidates
Format – 150 Multiple Choice Questions
Pass – 450 marks
Time – 240 Minutes
Test Method – Test Center
Language – English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Security Management
- Minimum 2 years’ substitute Experience is available based on work experience
- Professionals involved in Information Security Management & Risk Management.
CISM Certifications are valid for 3 years and the candidates need to update their CPE hours throughout these 3 years to fit ISACA requirements to maintain CISM.
The candidates must get 20 hours CPE per year and 120 hours CPE for 3 years. Failure to maintain the CPE hours will result in certificate revocation.
- 45k certification Holders
- $115k Avg Salary
- 42% hike in salary in managerial roles