The Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CCISO) from the EC Council – USA is the industry leading certification in the world to qualify for a C-level position in Information Security Management. This exam and certification is specially designed by EC Council to bridge the gap between on-the-job technical experiences of IS professionals and the formal executive managerial knowledge necessary to hold IS Management positions. Elevate your career path. Facilitate your leap into the top rung management of your organization in no time with CCISO.
- 40 hours spread over 5 days of classroom based lectures by certified experts with e-learning facility;
- Includes experience based training through games, simulations and exam preparation through mock tests.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for Network Engineers, professionals of Information Security Management, professionals already performing CISO functions and all those who aspire to transition to Information Security Management.
The course includes an in-depth study in the 5 CCISO Domains of:
- Governance and Risk Management,
- Information Security Controls, Compliance and Audit Management,
- Security Program Management and Operations;
- Information Security Core Competencies, and
- Strategic Planning, Finance, Procurement and Vendor Management.
Pre-requisites for the course and eligibility for exam
There are no pre-requisites for attending the course. However, to sit the exam a candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in each of the 5 CCISO Domains, which must be proved by submitting an Exam Eligibility Application and approved by the EC Council;
- Attending an authorized training course, and
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in 3 of the 5 CCISO Domain, which must be proved by submitting an Exam Eligibility Application and approved by the EC Council;
By attending this course, a candidate shall be eligible to sit the EC Council’s EISM exam. Upon passing the EISM exam after attending this course, a candidate need only acquire 5 years of work experience in any 3 of the CCISO domains and sit the CCISO exam at half the original exam cost.
- The exam is sat online on the ECC Exam Portal at an approved testing center.
- The exam duration is 2 and a half hours (150 minutes) with 150 multiple choice questions.
- The results are declared immediately and printed copy thereof provided at the center. Certificates can be downloaded from EC Council’s Aspen Portal within 7 to 10 days.
- The minimum passing percentage is not disclosed by the EC Council.
Q. Where is the exam conducted?
A. In India, the exams are conducted at the EC Council approved Pearson VUE Testing Centers at Mumbai, Pune, Surat, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
Q. For how long is the certification valid?
A. The certification is valid for one year.
Q. How do I renew / maintain my CCISO certification?
A. You have to satisfy the Continuing Education requirements by the end of the validity period of one year and pay a renewal fee of US$ 100 to the EC Council.
Q. Is it mandatory to attend a course in order to sit the exam?
A. If you possess at least 5 years of work experience in each of the 5 CCISO domains, then you may sit the exam without attending training. However, given the in-depth knowledge required to pass the exam, it is strongly recommended that you attend a training course.
Q. Is the course fee inclusive of exam fee and cost of study material?
A. Yes, the course fee covers the cost of study material, training kit and the exam voucher.
Q. How do I apply for the exam?
- You have to first fill out and submit the Exam Eligibility Application demonstrating your work experience and providing appropriate references.
- You shall have to pay an application fee of US$ 100 if applying without taking training. If you take training, this cost is not applicable.
- You may seek waivers (for upto 3 years of work experience) by showing alternative certifications.
- EC Council then reviews your application and only upon its approval, can you sit the exam.
- You can then use the exam voucher provided by your trainer to access the exam on the EC Council Exam Portal. The exam voucher is valid for one year from the date of its issuance.
Q.How many attempts am I allowed to pass the exam?
A. There is no bar on the maximum number of attempts allowed to sit the exam. However, in a period of 12 months, you are allowed to take a maximum of 5 attempts. The 2nd attempt can be taken immediately. The 3rd, 4th and 5th attempts can be taken only after a waiting period of 14 days from each of the preceding attempts. After exhausting 5 attempts in 12 months, a waiting period of one year is imposed. After the waiting period, you may retake the exam a 6th time and so on. Please note that for every attempt, a new exam voucher has to be purchased.
Q. What if my exam voucher lapses without me attempting the exam at all?
A. Exam vouchers may be extended for 3 months by applying to the EC Council at least 5 days before the expiration date and by paying a fee of US$ 35. If even the extended voucher lapses, you shall have to apply for a new exam voucher.